It's funny how you add bacon to something and it is instantly 10 times better. This is definitely the case with this take on deviled eggs. Eventhough the traditional form is delicious in its own right, adding bacon and cheese to the yolk and mustard mix kicked this recipe up a notch. The great thing about this was I didn't even have to take a trip to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients. I always have shredded cheese and bacon on hand and just happened to have a surplus of eggs lying around.
I also should add here that my boyfriend (king of hard boiled eggs) shared with me his secret recipe for making the perfect hard boiled egg and yes, they were perfect. I thought about sharing it with you, my readers, but figured it's best to keep a few tricks to myself!
Bacon and Cheese Deviled Eggs
12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 strips of bacon, cooked, and crumbled
2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Parsley or chives for garnish
- Cook hard boiled eggs and peel. Let cool.
- Cook bacon until very crispy. Let cool, then crumble.
- Halve eggs lengthwise. Spoon out yolks into bowl. Reserve whites.
- Mash yolks with fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Fold in bacon and cheese.
- Fill each half egg white with yolk mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with garnish.